Thursday, January 6, 2011

A bite of finger

How easy it is to blog when you have the best material ever. Your family.

Yesterday Dusty and I had to take Gus to the Dr. in Asheville. We had an appointment starting at 8:15 and then had to come back at 1:15. So we had 2 1/2 hours to kill in between them.

We decided to go to the Health Adventure. My two boys had the best time. Gus was very interested in how everything worked and Dusty was excited to get to jump up and see how high his vertical leap was...a few times. He got to show off his sit and reach skills and show Gus muscles and how they work. A very cool hands on museum right here in Asheville.

We still had time, so we went to grab some lunch. We ordered a pizza to split. When it came, Gus was so excited. He grabbed a piece of pie and said "Come to Papa" I have no idea where he gets this stuff. Gus and I were waiting on ours to cool while Dusty polished off his 3rd piece when all of a sudden he screamed "OUCH". I looked over and saw him shaking his hand. "Please tell me you did not just bite your finger....did you seriously just bite your own finger....the hand that feeds you??"
Yes he did friends. Yes he did.

I don't understand how he can eat so fast. How can you possibly enjoy what you're eating if you swallow it whole. Most of my friends note how long it takes me to eat. I simply enjoy tasting things. Plus, you eat less if you eat slowly. I'm always the last one eating, so it seems as though I can't get enough, but really, I'm just savoring.

Not Dusty, he wants the food as soon as it hits the plate. He can't wait to start the shoveling process. It doesn't matter how hot it is, he'll just take the burn. And when he's done, he uses his thumb to soak up whatever is left. I've been threatening him with blogging about his thumb scraping skills for a while. I wanted to have a name for it, but couldn't think of anything clever enough. I once asked, "Why the thumb" his reply makes sense to him "To get as much as possible at one time" I always have more food in the kitchen, and am worried that he might eat plates sometimes.

Gotta love that man of mine. Thumb swiping, finger biter.

No comments:

Post a Comment