Monday, January 17, 2011

Sleep

For all you parents that have the babies that sleep through the night, I don't like you. I'm super jealous. Go ahead and write a book about how you get them to sleep and all the routines you do to make this possible. I will go out and buy the book, read the book, study your methods, implement your methods, and they will not work.
Dusty and I don't make sleeping kids. Gus was up every 2-4 hours eating until he was around 18 months old and finally starting sleeping through the night. Simon, sleeps much better than this, but still gets up twice to eat. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed or how much he eats before he goes to bed, I only ever manage 6 hours in my longest stretch of sleep. Simon might sleep for as long as 8 hours, but, he went to sleep at 7 and I don't go to bed until 11. Dusty gets up at 3 to feed him and then he's back up at 5...so I get 11-5.
Having half Owen in these boys means they would prefer to stay up until 1 am. I would like to stay up until 2 am every night, but I would need to sleep until 10 in order to appear to be human the next day. Dusty would like to sleep from 9pm until 5am. So when you add kids, we just don't sleep somehow. We could of course parent in shifts, but then we'd never see each other.
I miss Gus taking naps. That ended last summer. Simon naps, bvt that's usually the only time I'm not holding him and I have to get stuff done around the house:) I can't believe my little guy is already sitting up by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment