Thursday, February 24, 2011

MOM UP

There are some things that mothers do, that are so completely super human, and then some things that they do that are just so disgusting that no man could ever imagine.

I am able to grow a human, feed this human with my own body inside and outside of the womb, go days on little sleep, have spit-up in my hair, literally be pooped on, spend all day with little ones and manage a clean house, dishes washed (by hand) bottles washed, bottles made for 24 hours, pull splinters from the depths of hands and feet, fix broken doors when they get slammed off their hinges, clean yogurt off of sliding glass doors, floors and the back of Simon's head(found that about an hour later), diapers are changed, kids are clothed, beds get made, I keep everyone alive, and I even manage to blog.

The other day, as some of you know, we found out that Gus had a major bowel impaction/blockage. We had to give him meds in order to help him pass it. DISCLAIMER:Stop reading if you're easily grossed out. Well, he passed it. The whole IT. I knew it wasn't going to go down in it's current "form" but what was I to do. I walked around the house knowing exactly what had to be done. But I didn't wanna do this. Was there any tool that I could use? Kitchen utensil...no cause I'd have to throw that away. Oh Lord, help me in this moment! So I sat down on his little bathroom stool and said to myself (outloud of course as crazy mom's do) "Emily, you gotta Mom up right here!"
Thank God and SC Johnson Company for rubber gloves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment