Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kinda sleepy

Whew. Here we are 5 weeks into the life of Simon Andrew, and I'm kinda sleepy. He's had his good nights, where he sleep in 3 hour blocks, the occasional 4 hour block, but mostly 2 hours at a time. I've been doing all the feedings during the week because I'm staying at home while Dusty works. A few times, I've had to ask him to take one for me because I'm so exhausted. When I get up to feed him, he eats and then starts smiling and cooing at me...just looking so sweet and cute. Anyone that knows me, knows that I LOVE to sleep..and not in 2 hour blocks. When Dusty gets up, Simon eats, and goes back to sleep in 5 minutes flat. I've decided it's because Dusty is asleep too and it just wears off on Simon.
I wish I could take everyone's advice (some I've given myself) about sleeping when the baby sleeps...for whatever reason, I can't fall asleep during the day. I don't know why, I want to. I usually get up before the boys leave for school and start the daily chores of laundry, bedmaking, dish washing, bottle making, dusting, vacuuming, picking up toys, and scraping poptarts out of the carpet. So when they leave, I'm either done, or almost done. I tried to get Gus to clean up his toys the other night by offering a cupcake, but he said "uhm, no mom, not at bedtime" ?
As I found on bedrest, daytime TV is BORING! WHoever came up with this ridiculous snuggie commercial with the macarana tune should be SHOT.

1 comment:

  1. I never would sleep while Riley did in the day time. I felt like there was too much to do! Or I just wanted to have a moment to do something that I wanted to do and not just sleep. Weird!

    ReplyDelete