Friday, November 12, 2010

Fashion

I have never been a fashion forward type of girl. No one has ever envied my clothes or my style. Mostly because I don't have a style. I guess my style is "sale items".

I shop mostly at Old Navy. Sometimes I'll find something I like at Walmart. Occasionally, I sneak into Cato. Most of my clothes tear up after a couple of years. The nice things I do have, I've been wearing some of them for 10 years now. I'm not a huge shoe fan. I have one expensive pair of Tommy Hilfiger Mary Janes that I have had for at least 8 years, everything else comes from Walmart or Kmart. Just never been a name brand shoe person-just want them to fit and be comfortable. I'm only 5'6" but that doesn't make me want to throw on 4 inch heels. Am what I am-short, so flats are fine.

I find myself liking a style, but it's too expensive. I love the magazines and online sites that tell you how to dress on a budget (dress like a star on pennies) Well their pennies sure are different than mine. They show jeans that cost $300 and dresses that are $400?? The most expensive pair of jeans I've ever owned were the Tommy Hilfigers that I bought 7 years ago (still wear) at an outlet for $38!!! Most of my jeans are Old Navy clearance:)

I get the LL Bean catalogs. I look at Belk's ad's. I drool over Macy's. But I can't seem to force myself into financing clothes that I can just buy cheaper now. You might even find me at Goodwill Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment