Monday, November 29, 2010

Llama drama

After our first thanksgiving meal, Gus, Abbey, Simon & I decided to go for a walk. Mainly Abbey and I. Simon isn't much on decision making just yet. We got about half way down the drive way and I realized the neighbors llama was out of the fence. This had happened about a week earlier and I called them to let them know about it. They sent someone to put the llama back up and I witnessed the grown man trying to herd the llama with his truck. This made me think he might be slightly terrified of the llama. After about 30 mins, he finally got it back inside the fence. So this time when I saw the llama, I knew I should be scared. I told Abbey that we should turn back, but she insisted we would be fine. 20 feet later, she decided to follow me back up the driveway because the llama started charging after us. The stupid thing was making hissing/spitting noises and going up on it's back legs and slamming his front feet down. This llama wanted blood.
So we came back into the house and tried to warn Jeremy & Dusty of our imminent danger. They were busy playing x-box and hardly took us seriously. I left a message for our neighbor as I watched the llama from my porch coming even closer to the house. The guys kept telling me not to be so dramatic. The problem was that they weren't getting up to defend us from this llama drama. I now realize they were probably more terrified than we were.
Of course Gus was scared. He was ready to get a gun and "shoot that llama!" He kept going from the door to the guys to give them a full report on the llama's current location and demeanor.
Luckily, we escaped a certain thanksgiving death this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment