Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cold Wars

I love to be warm. I do not like to be sweltering hot, but I like to be warm. A lot of my childhood was spent at my grandparents house where there was almost always a fire. My grandfather made what our family called "candle melter's." The name came from the fact that the candles on the mantle would actually melt.

I take showers that turn my skin red and keep the door closed so that when I get out, I'm still warm. I like to sit as close to the fire as possible. I would like to sleep on top of a heating pad under an electric blanket. I like to drink hot tea, even in the middle of the day. I love sweaters. I like to sit over the heat vent at church.

On any given day, Dusty Robinson is a balmy 104 degrees. Why? I don't know. He's hot. All the time. So he keeps a fan on at night. Even when it's 21 degrees outside. He doesn't like to build fires because it's too hot. And to turn the heat on in our room would be out of the question. He wears shorts year round. He would leave the AC on year round 24/7.

Both of the boys are hot boxes too. Simon already sweats and I didn't think babies even had sweat glands. So what else is there to do, but walk around in sweatpants, sweatshirts, and a hat, with socks on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment