Monday, December 20, 2010

Can I get a corner?

Dusty Robinson, the self proclaimed bedroom vortex. Not what you're thinking. Grow up people.

I'll start with an important piece of information. A previous post highlighted how Dusty is constantly hot. A balmy 200 degrees on the coldest of days. However, he MUST have at least a sheet on him at night because, and I quote, "I feel like I'll float away." Now most of you know my husband, and if anyone was going to "float", he would be the least likely to do so. I freeze at night. Every night. I freeze. I have a sheet, a down blanket, and a comforter on the bed. I like to be under all 3 of these.

There is a trend however, that keeps me from being under all 3 or even 1. I get all snuggled in and Dusty is usually still watching TV or reading. Once he decides to settle in, the vortex begins. Inch by inch, my covers start getting sucked in until I'm stuck with just a sheet and blanket. Hours later I get up to feed Simon and I'm down to a sheet. I get up to use the bathroom-sheet is half gone. Now I would try to get these back, but I don't have the strength in the middle of the night, so I put on sweatpants. Get up to feed Simon again and grab a hoodie on my way back to bed.

How does this happen? Where do these covers go? They show up the next morning, just 3 miles down the road. A bedroom vortex. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment