Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mom wakes up from sickness and finds....

My dad has appropriately named us the "Sick family Robinson's" Out of 9 days, we have been to the dr 8 of them. Some days, two by two. It started with Gus on his birthday, went to Dusty-who never gets sick and I had to open my mouth. "If you get sick, me and Simon are really in for it" My throat started hurting and I kept putting it off. Simon got sick and there was talk of him being sent to Mission, so I put it off again. So I got all my little chickies sorted out and then I went to get myself checked out. Dr said my tonsils looked terrible...hmm..got my tonsils out in 2006...so they must look pretty bad by now. 2 days later I went back and got new meds since I'm allergic to the first meds and I'm feeling better & waking out of the hydrocodone coma.

At one point I remember saying something about the house, which was met with some grunting and glances. It looked like someone turned the house upside down and shook it, then set it right side up again. For whatever reason, the toy bins were completely empty. Some of the toys were outside on the sidewalk, they were of course all over inside surfaces/floors and even a few in the trash can. I know that taking on a house and 2 boys isn't easy but-why is there milk running down the oven? Has anyone..any one of you bathed? What have you been eating? Who had popcorn for breakfast? Not a single fruit or veggie is included in any of those items. You do realize there is an ant colony in this window sill? The blanket you've covered Simon with-is that the same one he threw up on that I had in the laundry basket? There is a pile of dollar store receipts on the counter and some art made out of Popsicle sticks.
Everyone is alive, The laundry is done, and dishes are washed-he's a good man, but I gotta laugh:)

1 comment:

  1. I've finally lowered my bar to "house not burned down" for my expectations when I am gone or sick. It doesn't mean I'm any less annoyed just...well, just not totally disappointed.

    ReplyDelete