Sunday, August 8, 2010

ARE YOU KIDDDING ME

So my Sunday morning was not as peaceful as I had hoped. I woke up and decided I would go ahead and take my shower and then go eat breakfast and start cooking for homecoming at church. I would read the newspaper and sit and watch TV while the mac n cheese was baking and Gus was watching cartoons. But in my life's true fashion...it went like this.
I get up and start the shower running, grab my towel and wait for the water to heat up. I lay out all of the things that I will need to get ready and even pick out my dress. Ok, water's ready. I get in the shower and start getting my hair wet. I look down and see something in between the shower curtain and the shower liner...what the heck is that? It kinda looks like poop? Did Gus poop in the shower? I don't have my contacts in, so I convince myself it's probably a toy and reach down to pull the curtain back. IT MOVES. Excuse me? Are you kidding me? A frog!
I scream for Dusty and start beating on the walls. If you have followed my blog, then you know how fast Dusty will come running in an emergency. Snails pace. Sloth-like. Lolly gagging at it's best. A true mosey-er he is. I'm standing on one end of the shower with the liner in front of me to shield me from the wart infested creature. Dusty announces "I'm right here" Ok- well there is a frog in here. So what does he do? He rips the curtain back which catapults the frog directly at me. So I scream again and go running out of the shower, soaking wet and oh so pregnant, into our bedroom. Gus comes running in asking what's wrong. I'm not going to try and shield him or tell him that frogs are ok- they are dangerous and gross and have no right being in my house, much less my shower. So he's sufficiently scared and Dusty is mad. You're scaring him Emily. GOOD! Maybe he'll never ever bring a frog near me in his life.
Can you bring me my towel?
So then Dusty and Gus go after the necessary equipment that you need to catch a shower frog. Dusty comes back with a lame bucket and Halloween candy bowl. Gus- my true hero, comes back with a hedge trimmer. Now that's what I'm talking about. Cut his little guts out son! Eventually, Dusty does catch the frog in his buckets and takes him outside.
I washed the shower and then got in, with one eye on the drain, wondering, where did he come from, how did he get in, is that a wart on my finger already? Are you KIDDING ME??

1 comment: