Sunday, August 15, 2010

Comfortable

You know what's comfortable? Being 9 months pregnant.
In reading the pregnancy books, I've learned about how the baby causes your diaphragm to be squished, your ribcage opens up about 2 3/4 inches to allow for more breathing room, and your heart gets displaced. Seriously? My heart has to move to make room for this guy?
My friend Amanda, who is blessed with height asked me how "us short people did it?" My response was easy...the organs all go different places...some into our butts, some up and into our chest cavity causing our lungs to be diminished and causes lack of breath and inability to yawn, and then the baby just goes out and out...and out.
Thank God Dusty is one of those men who finds it "a miracle, and the greatest thing humans can do-bare children" Cause I find it rather disturbing. And HIGHLY uncomfortable.
I had a dream last night that I woke up in the hospital and asked Dusty what happened and he told me that we had the baby. I asked the nurse to bring me the baby but she wouldn't hand him to me. I kept asking Dusty for the details and he wouldn't give me any. I finally got him to tell me what was wrong. He said the baby is 24 inches long and weighs 16 pounds....he had already talked to the Dr. and nurses and they promised not to tell anyone how much he really weighed so that I wouldn't have to suffer the embarrassment.
A 10 pounder is not out of the realm of possibilities here people. So if you read in the paper that I had a 7 pound baby, you probably shouldn't believe it. I'm betting on 12, based of course on the uncomfortableness and all...and that..soooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment