Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Battle with the hedge trimmers

As mentioned in my last blog, Gus has a pair of hedge trimmers that were to be used as a weapon against the frog. They are not real, but they do have lights, sounds and unfortunately, moving parts.



This morning as I sat on the couch eating my toaster strudels (2 for $4 at THE save more) I heard Gus start whimpering, then trying to catch his breath, and then an all out scream into a full blown cry. As fast as I could move, I did. I rounded the corner and saw such a sight. He has his hedge trimmers down the front of his underwear. ?? Why you ask? Well because he watches Handy Manny and other various builder shows where they wear tool belts and he wanted to be like them. Only hedge trimmers don't fit there. Especially when you hit the button and make the moving parts work.....so we have one banjo stuck in the hedge trimmers, Daddy is at football practice, and I'm not sure where to begin.



As gently as possible, I remove the "area" from the hedge trimmer and throw it to the ground. Tears are streaming down his face and soaking me. I can only imagine how much pain he's in. I get to hold him for about 30 seconds and then he wants down. He picks up the hedge trimmer and throws it across the room. This isn't enough. So he goes over and kicks it. This is still not what he wanted, so he picks it up and slams it to the ground repeatedly. So the lights still work and the sounds are a little fuzzy but no more moving parts.



Gus vs Hedge trimmers. Victory for Gus. I think.

1 comment:

  1. I love this.

    I also love that you got to hold him for about 30 seconds. I know how sweet those 30 seconds are even if they come at the price of a big boo boo.

    ReplyDelete