Monday, June 14, 2010

Weird habits and rituals

I know I'm different, but sometimes when I start thinking about all my quirks, I find I really am weird. Things like eating ice. See, when I'm not pregnant, I order my drinks with no ice. The ice hurts my sensitive teeth and plus you get more drink without the ice in it. I brush my teeth with hot water because they're so sensitive. But when I'm pregnant, I CRAVE ice. I have to have a cup of ice with me at all times. Sometimes when I answer the phone at work my tongue doesn't work correctly because it's frozen. Sonic sells ice by the bag for $1.71 (tax included) in case anyone was wondering. I also have miniature ice trays at home that I am constantly harvesting. Dusty will round the corner and say "addiction is such an ugly thing"

Another weird thing is my hand washing. I have to wash them twice. I guess I feel like the first time is washing off the outer germs, the second time really gets the dirty dirt off. If I'm in a terribly disgusting bathroom, I won't even wash- I have antibacterial gel in my purse. I also must use 2 paper towels. I hate these new "auto-motion" towel dispensers. I'm responsible enough to pull out as many paper towels as I want. Back to washing. I have to rub my right hand over my left 11 times and left over right 11 times for an even 22. Which brings me to my next quirk...

Even numbers. Love even numbers. Was devastated when Gus was born on 5/29/07. Not one even number in the bunch. One of the weirdest "parts" of my even number obsession is the car radio. I have to hit the buttons an even number of times. Sometimes it all gets screwed up and I just have to hit the scan button. Once you say? Nope, you have to hit it again to make it stop so there's 2.

The funny thing is, is that I know all of this stuff and have every ability to change it, but it doesn't hurt anyone. The ice chomping might annoy people, but I don't really care to annoy people. Someone has to be annoying right?

What got me to thinking of all these things about myself? Dusty and I had been to dinner and decided to stop by Cold Stone Creamery (aka best ice cream ever on the face of the earth and not only when your pregnant and craving chocolate and anything cold) So anyway, we decided to sit on one of the park benches and people watch. In the first minute we sat down this boy came up to us "cold stone creamery huh, they got good ice cream, my mom said we can't go there, my mom's eating dinner, i like ice cream" then started circling us...I was wondering if he was like a vulture waiting on some ice cream to drop-which wasn't in the realm of possibilities. Then he left and another kid came up and started talking about something we couldn't understand. We looked around and saw 3 kids just randomly walking around unattended. I told Dusty-how do you keep your kid from being weird? He said, "well if you're not weird, he won't be weird" RUH ROH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment